How to Heal from Pandemic Stress in 2022
Time operates differently in pandemic times. And while it’s hard to believe we’re already in the year 2022, in many ways it feels like time has moved painfully slow. Collectively, it’s safe to say we’ve been through a lot. We can’t overlook the very real and very painful trauma caused by living through a global pandemic, no matter our age, even if we can’t quite pinpoint the level at which that trauma will impact us over time. Just think…
- Social interactions that make up the foundation of childhood development have been limited.
- We’ve been masked in public, unable to engage in the fleeting sense of unity and shared humanity a smile brings to strangers.
- The chronic stress from bad news and negativity on media platforms.
- That icky feeling that comes from heated disagreement within families and close circles.
- Suffering from or caring for a loved one with COVID, or experiencing a close death from the virus.
- Isolation. Depression. Anxiety. Fear. Uncertainty.
- Control your media intake.
- Get outside!